Human Resources Generalist - Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are hiring a Human Resources Generalist to our growing team!
The HR Generalist serves as a Human Resources Business Partner and provides assistance with all day-to-day human resource activities at our Broken Arrow, OK facility. The Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, including but not limited to: recruiting, onboarding, and orientation of new hires, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), payroll and timekeeping, training and development, and employee relations. This position will report to the HR Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the recruiting process and provides guidance on best-recruiting practices and resources.
- Positively influences the leadership team on HR initiatives and effectively communicates with all levels of employees.
- Coordinates employee engagement activities, conducts stay interviews, and promotes our culture of inclusion
- Completes investigations into employee relations issues and manages compliance system to ensure timely completion and closure of outstanding allegations
- Collaborates with leaders to build and support an employee engagement strategy that facilitates organizational performance and enables successful organizational change.
- Updates and maintains employee records in HRIS; responsible for all HR transactions such as promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations for all hourly, non-exempt, and exempt employees.
- Promotes our corporate wellness program, including health screenings, flu shots; coordinates annual benefits enrollment processes
- Partners with 3rd party suppliers and our managed services provider on temporary staffing resources
- Supports managers with timekeeping and attendance programs to ensure payroll accuracy
- Administers health and welfare programs, including enrollments, changes, and terminations
- Processes required documents through Payroll and ensures accurate payment and reporting of wages
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and ensures government reporting is completed accurately and timely and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Facilitates and manages programs such as new hire orientation, annual performance reviews, compliance, compensation, policy deployment, and leaves of absence
- Work with other HR business partners, HR Centers of Excellence (CoE), and other functional partners (Legal, Finance, IT, etc.) to deliver HR support/services to the business and employees
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Management is preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience in a Generalist capacity
- Knowledge of Employment Law and experience navigating compliance with local, state, and federal laws
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proven time management skills; ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively
- Outstanding judgment and common sense demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing employee-centric solutions
- Results-oriented with a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity and our company. We look forward to hearing from you!
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.