Sr. Director, IT M&A and Transformation
Location: Shelton, Connecticut, Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
The Sr. IT Director Integrations and Transformation will oversee the IT organizations strategic approach to supporting Hubbell’s overall business development efforts. In this role, you will closely align with the business development team to manage all IT related activities throughout the acquisition and divestiture lifecycle. In addition, this role will be responsible for supporting digital transformation efforts across the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall leadership of the Hubbell IT transformation initiatives which includes organization design, development of common program management processes, and demand intake management
- Overall IT leadership for the planning and execution of IT integration activities in support of business development.
- Participate in the business development due diligence process to evaluate the IT landscape as part of Hubbell’s business development process
- Development and execution of IT integration plans for newly acquired businesses
- Support internal business structure change projects by evaluating IT impact related to projects such as plant closures, plant equipment relocation, new site development, etc.
- Development and management of the IT integration playbook to define core, common processes to managing IT integrations
- Collaborate across multiple business teams including business development, legal & compliance, cybersecurity and business segments during due diligence processes
- Oversee the development and execution of IT transition of services agreements [TSAs] related to any business exits
- Support the CIO in the strategic planning of Hubbell IT’s future operating framework
- Development of strategic plans to support future business models and technology
- Partner with executive business and functional stakeholders and IT leadership team to align activities in support of business and IT transformation
- Leadership for overall IT portfolio management processes including demand intake, prioritization, resourcing strategy, and project execution oversight.
- Define overall IT program management processes including project tollgates, agile project processes, and program planning.
- Overall ownership for Hubbell’s IT departmental budget including yearly planning cycle, monthly pacing, and cost center reporting.
- Define and support a project execution process framework to be used across IT to ensure successful projects
- Lead, motivate, and develop an IT team continuously improving the team’s influence and impact with executives and senior business leaders
- Oversee all day-to-day operations of the IT M&A team including project execution, team member development, and organization strategy
- Provide support and strategic planning for the alignment of IT organizations into the overall Hubbell IT organization as part of integration activities
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in IT application development, IT leadership, or related management experience
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, preferably with a global team
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coach, and develop team members and leaders
- Experience in leading / supporting IT organization and process transformation
- Experience working on / leading IT integration / divestiture activities
- Experience developing IT operating models and development of multi-generational plans to achieve operating model maturity
- Have managed global IT teams and have experience establishing partnerships with outsourcing vendors
- Significant experience establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with IT peers, functional business teams and external customers
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills with the ability to assess complex issues with limited information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex information to IT/Application peers, business teams, and external customers
- Self-directed, motivated, able to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Committed and flexible team player
- Ability to meet objectives by influencing and engaging across multiple global, remote teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects involving both internal and third-party vendor resources
- Strong execution with pragmatic focus on ROI to deliver business outcomes
- Strong conceptual ability in how to create a value proposition for consumers, partners, and internal teams to drive solutions
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.