Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, IL 62243
Will perform a variety of jobs fitting together manufactured and purchased parts into subassemblies or complete products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand blue prints and routing to produce parts from them to the required specifications.
- Transfer cardboard cartons from racking on pallets on the floor.
- Place labels on cartons
- Fold cardboard into carton. Transfer product from off of line, insert product into carton (vary in size from 4x4x3 up to 18x18x6.
- Insert product (varying in sized from 4x4x3 up to 16x14x8 int taper (either the Best Pack Brand or 3m matic) Transfer onto pallet either on a palletizer or on a pallet on floor.
- Hand tape small cardboard boxes 4x3x3 using a manual pistol-grip taper. Insert product into carton, tape the top of the box, and transfer onto pallet
- Responsible for the care of routine maintenance and keeping the work area neat and clean.
- Follow all rules regarding machine operation and machine guarding.
- Maintain simple reports on productivity, quality and safety.
- Assists all supervisor and perform other duties as needed and directed.
Skills and Experience
- Possess the skill and ability to assemble manufactured and purchased parts into subassemblies or complete products. Must be equipped with all the required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Able to operate assembly equipment such as rivet machines, assembly presses and power tools.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent standing, sitting and bending, as well as pushing, pulling and lifting up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50 LBS occasionally.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.