Manager, Research and Insights
Location: Avon, Connecticut, Columbia, South Carolina, Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Research and Insights Manager is a key contributor to an enterprise-wide marketing research, data analytics, and competitive intelligence function supporting the Hubbell enterprise. This function will help Hubbell better understand its current customer base and markets as well as potential market opportunities. The Research and Insights Manager leverages data and analytics to inform on business health, conducts end-market analyses, primary research studies, market mapping analysis and spearheads secondary research on competition, markets, industry trends, and other topics to enhance Hubbell’s competitiveness.
The Research and Insights Manager conducts both qualitative studies (focus groups, customer panels, etc.) and quantitative primary research on consumers and products/brands. The analysis is used to understand customer preferences, demographics, segmentation, decision-making process, customer journey and loyalty. The analysis may also be used as part of mergers and acquisition considerations, business planning and performance analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute all phases of market research studies: proposal, design, programming, questionnaire preparation, analysis, report writing, and presentation
- Develop macro trends by market, geography, etc. and conduct end-market analysis to support overall business objectives
- Conduct qualitative market research including focus groups, customer panels, etc. and quantitative research on markets, consumer trends and perceptions
- Collect and analyze data on consumers, competitors, and markets and consolidate information into actionable items
- Analyze qualitative data, trends, strategies and competition aimed at increasing competitiveness and market share
- Understand business objectives and design research methodology (surveys, focus groups, panels, etc.) to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings; identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Develop and maintain competitive matrices
- Identify share gain opportunity through utility and electrical market expenditure analysis
- Ensure development of quarterly market segmentation evaluation, shareholder commentary and review presentation
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of proven market research analysis experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- The ability to interpret large amounts of data and communicate meaningful insights from it in an easy-to-understand manner
- Working knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.)
- The ability to work independently without supervision and to collaborate with global, cross-functional teams as needed
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office
- Search engine, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.