Administrative Assistant - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
40 Waterview Drive Shelton, CT 06484
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is crucial to this role. Expert-level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, and attention to detail are equally important.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform diversified and complex administrative assignments utilizing good judgment and strong interpersonal skills in a highly professional manner.
2. Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with internal and external executives, assistants, and consultants to coordinate various executive meetings.
3. Assist executives with clear and concise notes during meetings and other work functions
4. Assist executives with the preparation of presentation materials
5. Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing email as necessary
6. Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues promptly
7. Arrange travel schedules and reservations for executive management as needed
8. Assist with travel expense reports and manage vacation records.
9. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
10. Perform some office administration duties for other departments
11. Responsible for Hourly and Non-Exempt e-Time payroll, approvals, reporting, and processing.
12. Assist with organizing employee events
13. Some domestic travel may be required
Skills and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Teams, or equivalent programs
- Works well in group problem-solving situations and solutions & results focused
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
- Notary public is not required but preferred.
- Some CRM, Oracle, or SAP experience is preferred but not required
- Prior experience working with purchase orders and corporate payment systems is preferred
Associate degree (A. A.) from a two-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.