Caster (3rd shift) - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
*This climate is not controlled*
3rd Shift 10:30 pm - 7:00 am (Monday - Friday, some weekend work)
- Prepare polymer concrete mixture and pours mixture into molds. Demolds and finishes cured product.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing, bending, lifting up to 35lbs and hoist lift up to 50lbs from floor to chest
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to resin, solvents, fiberglass, noise, and dust
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves. Hearing protection and/or respiratory equipment may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required.
- Pick up supplies and check paperwork at the beginning of the shift.
- Clean, oil, wax and prepare the mold by inserting any required hardware, fiberglass, etc.
- Following written formula, prepare polymer concrete mixture of aggregate, sand, resin, etc. in a five gallon bucket using either a hand mixer or a large batch mixer.
- Attach lifting device to bucket or lift by hand and pour mixture into mold.
- Allow the part to cure. De-mold product either by hand or by use of a hoist.
- Clean any slag from part using grinding stone or rasp.
- Stencil the outside of the part.
- Clean mold, oil, wax, and insert fiberglass in preparation for next part.
- Above procedure is repeated approximately 8 to 30 times per day, depending on part size.
Skills and Experience
Large box caster must be able to push mold (150-250 lbs) suspended overhead from an I-beam onto conveyor. Push/pull cart (~ 300 lbs) requiring approximately 50 lbs force.