Buyer - Boonton, NJ
Location: Boonton, New Jersey
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
353 Powerville Road, Boonton Twp., NJ 07005
The Buyer is responsible for managing supplier relationships and the material procurement process for the RFL Boonton, NJ location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule and requisition material to support production and customer requirements by maintaining planning parameters of lead-time, reorder point, and reorder quantity in accordance with the companies’ inventory and shipment objectives.
- Purchase various commodities and services to satisfy direct buys per demands per the MRP system for the best quality, lead time and price.
- Monitor and act on exception messages within SAP such as expedites and de-expedites open orders to more appropriate time frames as indicated by MRP changing demands.
- Based on MRP exception messages processing PO cancellation when needed.
- Ensure receipt of PO confirmations and perform review of vendor acknowledgement to ensure pricing and terms agree with PO.
- Daily review Taulia electronic portal and respond to vendor messages.
- Interfaces daily with engineering and suppliers to resolve component issues in a timely manner to ensure delivery schedules are achieved.
- Actively pursues alternate sources through ongoing vendor analysis and the development of quoting programs.
- Manage inventory levels for items under your direct responsibility.
- Communicate with vendors both foreign and domestic and maintain these relationships.
- Work with receiving and accounts payable to reconcile receiving errors and invoice issues.
- Utilizing (MRBR) Release Blocked Invoices and (CWS) Client Workflow Solutions to clear discrepancies.
- Attend weekly Material Review Board (MRB) meetings to discuss non-conforming material disposition.
- Work with QA in multiple locations to reconcile discrepant materials and pursue corrective actions from vendors.
- Obtain RMA’s and process return PO’s for non-conforming material.
- Support service goal of 95% on time shipments to customers.
- Monitor and ensure supplier on time delivery performance and maintain PO past due log.
- Monitor and reduce excess to policy and excess/obsolete inventory.
- Maintain purchasing information records (PIR).
- Preform make/buy analysis and submit to management.
- Responsible to setting up new vendor, via Vendor Admin eForm.
- Initiate and complete special tasks/projects for continuous improvement as they arise.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of purchasing, supply chain, and inventory planning experience on a tactical level.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Must have strong negotiation, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read engineering blueprints and specifications
- Ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly
- Basic understanding of landed cost calculations (freight, lead time, INCO terms, payment terms, tariffs, etc.)
- Ability to work both independently and effectively across teams and guide/influence team members
- Ability to prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment and utilize decision making skills
- BS degree in business or related field preferred
- SAP experience in purchasing module preferred
- APICS certified preferred in Supply Chain Management
- Experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.