Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
Position is responsible for building and maintaining foundry tooling such as patterns, core boxes and related items. Also, will support secondary manufacturing tooling requirements including building and maintaining various fixtures and gauges.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret part, casting and tool drawings
- Verify conformance of patterns or other tooling to dimensional specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales and micrometers
- Build tooling using various materials meeting all drawing or otherwise stated specifications. Materials used include various metals, plastics and wood
- Perform complex repairs and modifications to foundry and machine shop type tooling
- Perform corrective, scheduled and preventive maintenance on foundry tooling
- Identify concerns and recommend countermeasures
- Fabricate, fit and assemble parts to make, repair or modify foundry patterns, jigs, gauges and tools using machine and hand tools
- Select appropriate materials to be used for various tooling applications
- Set-up and operate conventional or numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses and grinders to cut, bore, grind or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Keep shop area and equipment clean and orderly
- Follow written and verbal instructions with accuracy
- Perform all tasks in a safe and timely manner while adhering to all company policies
Skills and Experience
- 5 plus years job related experience
- TIG and MIG welding experience
- Basic understanding of sand molding and core making process
- Experience building and rigging LAEMPE type machines
- Experience with CNC mill set-up and operation
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.