Marketing Specialist (Communications) - Lenoir City, TN
Location: Lenoir City, Tennessee
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
3621 Industrial Park Drive
Lenoir City, TN 37771
The Marketing Specialist will provide technical information to Customer Service Representatives, Sales, and directly to customers for quotations when necessary for the Communications market. Assist Market Managers in preparation of data, advertising, price lists, promotional literature, technical publications, and illustrations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the part numbering and pricing for items not currently setup in the SAP system.
- Setup new part numbers according to company guidelines.
- Review customer product specifications and maintain an up-to-date file in the customer files.
- Develop and maintain competitive cross-reference file for products assigned.
- Capture "No-Quote" products in a comprehensive list with competitor information, sizes, and prices to use as collateral when considering new product development.
- Review requests for quotations and provide recommendations on the proper application of Hubbell Enclosure products using calculations, software,
- drawings, testimonials and industry-accepted standards to support recommendation.
- Collect & analyze market feedback from Sales to identify trends and ensure competitive pricing.
- Support Customer Service, Pricing Team, Sales & Marketing efforts through analysis and quotation administration.
- Assist in product launches by helping Market Managers collect useful and relevant data for customer facing materials.
- Assist Market Managers in collecting relevant market information including competitor pricing, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Assist Market Manager in preparing data analysis.
- Lead implementation of pricing and quotation procedure improvements.
- Proactively develop and maintain an ongoing price maintenance process to ensure price is being maximized, business unit objectives are being met and that new quotations are in place prior to the expiration of existing quotations.
- Participate in and lead special projects as directed.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in engineering/manufacturing or marketing environment.
- Experience conducting pricing analyses and margin analyses.
- Minimal travel required (less than 10%).
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility and accuracy
- Ability to prepare and present management and executive level reports/ proposals
- Ability to identify process improvements and lead change
- Ability to demonstrate high energy and persistence in a fast pace work environment
- Well organized and possess a sense of urgency.
- Strong working knowledge of database and Microsoft Office applications is required along with the ability to write and execute queries.
- Ability to develop cost utilizing inputs from multiple functional areas within the business and multiple sources of data.
- Able to read and understand CAD product drawings.
- SAP, SAP Bl, and price margin management software experience
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Math, Engineering, Marketing, or equivalent
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.