CAD Designer Trainee - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
*This climate is not controlled*
CAD Designer Trainee breaks down information obtained from specifications, sketches, customer layout drawings and instructions furnished by others and converts the information into detailed drawings with section views and dimensions.
Pay Rate: $24.00 per hour
Retention Bonus: $1,000 after completion of 100 days
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create 3-D models and 2-D drawings for multiple product lines.
- Per supervisor or engineer’s general direction, produce and/or revise drawings.
- Provide feedback to appropriate stakeholder as to problems or questions related to work in progress.
- Resolve mold manufacturing and purchasing issues with appropriate plant personnel or vendors as required.
- Transform initial rough product designs or sketches into working models and documents.
- Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences o complete models.
- Support Mold Shop Supervisor and others with project management related to mold manufacturing.
- Develop product bill of materials and standard cycle times.
Skills and Experience
- Must have a minimum of one year of SolidWorks or other 3-D modeling experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook. Familiarity with spreadsheets and other business applications is required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Minimum one year of education working toward an Associate’s Degree in Engineering or related technology or equivalent work experience.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.