Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
46 Nooks Hill Road
Cromwell, CT 06416
Responsible for the general care of the Facilities to include inside and outside maintenance, machine repair, preventative maintenance, external cleaning contractors, OSHA and HAZZMAT compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the physical plant through personal effort, maintenance personnel, and outside resources.
- Ensure delivery of purchased goods and services on time.
- Evaluate facilities and recommend areas of improvement.
- Ensures all appropriate OSHA and EPA standards are met.
- Make recommendations of changes to area or equipment to enhance facilities.
- Notify Manufacturing Managers, Operations Managers, and/or maintenance personnel of production, safety or personnel issues.
- Communicates with Shipping, Material and Shop/Production managers to minimize interruption of production.
- Develop value-added relationships internally and externally.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Management.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum three years facilities maintenance experience
- High school graduate or GED
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, mechanical repair or HVAC (some, part or all), proven track record of success
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Mechanical aptitude, mental flexibility
- Ability to read blueprints
- Computer literate
- Understands HAZMAT/ HAZWHOPPER standards
- Ability to multi-task
- Good written and verbal communication skills, setting priorities
- Understanding requirements of office and manufacturing.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.