Territory Sales Manager - Chicago, IL
Location: Aurora, Illinois, Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Responsible, within an assigned geographic territory, for the sales of electrical connectors, enclosure products, installation tooling and accessory products to distributors, end users and contractors. Primary markets include the Construction and Industrial, Renewable and Data Center electrical markets. Additionally responsible for working with Engineers and Consultants in furthering the specifications of Burndy / Quazite products.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Specification is key to the growth of Burndy's business. An Territory Sales Manager needs to understand our position comparatively to our competitors, and be able to proficiently articulate the features, advantages and benefits of our line.
2. Travels throughout assigned territory to service existing customers with overall sales support, training and certification classes.
3. Monitor and follow up on provided vertical market leads (Corporate provided).
4. Demonstrate products by using samples, videos and catalogs to emphasize unique Burndy features. As new product is launched, the Territory Sales Manager is responsible to educate, promote and sell across the territory in conjunction with our corporate launch.
5. Provides information on pricing, credit terms and other term conditions of sales. Estimates date of delivery to customers, based on knowledge of delivery schedules and working with internal customer service, pricing, and product management teams.
6. Prepares reports monthly on business conditions, win/loss opportunities, and sales achievements relative to assignments and quotas.
7. Works within assigned expense budget.
8. Meets or exceeds sales quota on quarterly and annual basis.
9. Manages and submits paperwork for distribution cooperative funds (a percentage of our partners business is invested in jointly marketing our product and their relationship).
10. Establishes themselves as a known resource for the products we represent within their defined territory to both internal and external customers.
11. Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to continually succeed in performing job duties.
Skills and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
- Proficiency in Power BI and Salesforce.com is strongly preferred.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work independently yet maintain a strong contributor in team settings.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.