Senior Design Engineer - Dry Transformer
Location: Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design custom magnetics from concept, including development of mechanical and electrical components.
- Responsible for new product designs, cost estimates, and research development initiatives.
- Design Transformers and Reactors for low and high power applications, 1VA – 1,500KVA at low frequencies (< 400hz).
- Design Transformers and Inductors for high frequency applications (1khz – 500khz, 1Watt – 10KW).
- Organize and maintain design project schedules.
- Clearly organize and document product design records while following established system guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance to Customers, Technical Sales, Customer Service, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing.
- Design to meet Agency/compliance requirements and internal quality standards and manufacturing practices.
- Assure product quality by designing effective electrical testing methods for manufacturing.
- Coordinate and communicate prototyping efforts with manufacturing and vendors when applicable.
Skills and Experience
- 3 years experience or equivalent related engineering experience
- Experience in the design of electrical components/magnetics.
- Experience in design for manufacturability desired.
- UL/CSA, NEMA transformer knowledge preferred.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple work efforts/projects to meet deadlines in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and create detailed technical wiring diagrams, schematics, and bill of materials.
- Experience with Transformer Design software such as OPS and Ansoft.
- Thorough knowledge of accepted design methods/concepts, design principles and basic engineering skills required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills required.
- Strong analytical work methodology and problem-solving skills, including use of statistical methods.
- Ability to travel to manufacturing plants when required. Less than 25% travel to Mexico.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.