Deductions Analyst - Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Deductions Analyst is responsible for processing, researching, validating, and taking appropriate accounting actions for customer-initiated payment variances received through routine A/R transactions. The Deductions Analyst will report to the Controller and will provide input and feedback around policies, processes and results observed. They will also assist in the evaluation of appropriate deduction reporting, work closely with the One Hubbell Finance Team to resolve invalid deductions and interface regularly with other teams within Hubbell, responsible for accounting, pricing, tax, distribution, and all other facets of Customer Service. Building solid working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, in and out of Hubbell will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with team to maintain a steady deduction state with aging deductions.
- Processing, validation, and deduction resolution in an efficient and timely manner.
- Define process efficiencies and help educate the business partners to the new process.
- Identify and analyze additional key areas for improvement.
- Initiate best practices and process efficiencies, improve service to both internal and external customers and enhance analytics.
- Provide leadership and guidance.
- Collaborates with sales, distribution, customer service and other Hubbell functions to address situations that require advanced coordination and relationship building to facilitate resolution of deductions.
- Present recommendations to Manager regarding situations not clearly defined in operating policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Manager to establish processes and controls over work assignment and goal setting.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Skills and Experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ Years in an accounts receivable function, preferably overseeing deductions.
- Familiarity with large-scale ERP systems and its corresponding A/R components.
- Ability to use MS Office programs at an intermediate level (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.)
- Proficient at preparing and presenting presentations in person or via Teams/Zoom.
- Functional understanding of deductions impact on A/R reporting
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.