Location: Corona, California
Job Type: Not Specified
Under close supervision performs light mechanical assembly work of low complexity and limited scope. Simple assembly procedures are involved which require primarily manual dexterity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows operating practices for applicable machinery for proper assembly, set up, shut down.
- Follows simple work instruction to manual assemble parts.
- Loads and unloads material, parts or products onto or from pallets, racks.
- Delivers metal parts or stock to designated work area for machining.
- Removes metal chips and shavings from surfaces of machine and wipes surfaces of machine to remove excess oil.
- Cleans around work area.
- Separates metal chips, shavings, and scrap materials from trash and places them in scrap bins for resale.
- Removes burrs or excess metal from machine parts.
- Works at different work stations as production needs require.
- Works on line where tasks vary as different model of same article moves along line.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Knowledge
- Functional Excellence
- Integrity & Ethics
- Results Drive/Initiative
- Professional Maturity
- Establishes Priorities
- Builds Talent
- Team Leadership
- Empowers Others
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of America money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Computer Skills: No computer skills needed.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.