Leads/Finishing - 1st Shift
Location: Cuba, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Andrews Way, Cuba MO 65453
Duties are generally performed under the direct supervision of the production supervisor. This position includes installing lead wires or terminals and insulation per the production specification sheet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently or with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Assure that all products meet the highest standard of quality
- Follow all safety rules and ISO requirements Adhere to all company rules and policies
- Be able to identify magnet wire imperfections and crossed wires
- Be proficient with hand tools (side cutters, lineman’s pliers, etc…)
- Be able to identify lead wire and terminal types and install them per production specification sheet
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Ensure that work practices are in the guidelines of OSHA standards
- Must have an understanding of measurements using standard and metric measuring devices
- Must be self motivated
- Have the ability to operate a hoist properly and safely
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Read, use, and understand measuring devices
- Have the ability to stand for excessive periods of time
- Be punctual, reliable and have a good work ethic
- Must be able to work well with others and foster teamwork
- Must be motivated and be able to work independently
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.