Financial Analyst I
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring an Financial Analyst to our growing team!
In this position, you will support critical organizational initiatives and provide analysis around key financial and operational deliverables. You will also be responsible for supporting the FPA team with reporting, analysis and ad hoc projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the executive team by completing various New Product Innovation deliverables on project level details, including forecasted expenses, sales outlooks, journal entries, and other reconciliations
- Perform variance analysis, data validation, and reconciliation of statistical accounts
- Complete financial reports and models using SAP, Hyperion, OneStream, and MS Excel
- Support financial results by establishing metrics, analyzing data, and and evaluating operational performance
- Liaison between Business Unit Controllers and other staff to resolve issues, compile data, and answer questions
- Support the monthly close, forecast, and annual planning processes with great attention to detail
- Other ad hoc requests/special projects consistent with company objectives
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years accounting and/or finance experience
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- SAP and/or Hyperion and/or OneStream experience a big plus
- MBA a plus, but not required
- Pursuing CMA or CPA designation is a plus
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.