Project Engineer DtV - Manchester, NH
Location: Avon, Connecticut, Boonton, New Jersey, Greenville, South Carolina, Herndon, Virginia, Manchester, New Hampshire, Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
If you are committed to environmentally friendly projects, security, safety, and advancing new approaches in technology, then Hubbell engineering is the place for you. Join our team to solve challenging problems and help make change in electrical products and utility.
Hubbell Engineering in collaboration with Hubbell’s global divisions organizes ideation workshops and captures insights to drive margin improvement and value add opportunities to existing products. We work on the most impactful technical solutions within Hubbell in fields like smart grid, green power, electrical safety, communications and more. We are looking for individuals with experience in one or more of the following: ideation workshops, product development, manufacturing processes, productivity, supply chain, working with cross functional teams and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
Participate and create cross-functional team workshops and ideation sessions
- Research, deconstruct, analyze, and benchmark best in class product features
- Prepare teams for in person workshops
- Work with business unit teams to execute on DtV sprints
- Prepare productivity business cases
- Evaluate and scale margin improvement ideas
- Evaluate manufacturing process and routings
- Analyze Bill of Materials (BOMs) and engineering drawings
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent relevant industry experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in an engineering position or similar role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of working independently as well as with a cross functional team
- Experience tearing down products and documenting observations
- Demonstrable experience in two or more of the following
- Voice of the customer experience to validate and drive initiatives
- Full product life cycle insights
- Product development insights
- Supply chain insights
- Manufacturing and commercialization experience
- Assessing value propositions
- Maintaining and organizing multiple projects
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.