Software Developer Intern (Summer 2023) - Boonton, NJ
Location: Boonton, New Jersey, Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
353 Powerville Road, Boonton, NJ 07005
Software (firmware) developer intern position that involves being a part of R&D group that develops complex software products for the electric utility market. The individual should be familiar with Linux, C/C++ development, Microcontrollers and DSP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with development team to identify the unit testing needs.
- Perform critical evaluation of software requirements, designs, and implementation. Identify design weakness and come up with effective test coverage accordingly.
- Develop test strategy to cover software designs by using various testing methodologies like white box testing and unit testing.
- Participate in development and validation of in-house or Off-the-Shelf testing tools for software unit testing.
- Create a framework for white box testing or unit testing.
- Follow SSDLC and best coding practices.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented product development environment.
- Help with requirements breakdown analysis as required
- Deliver new and creative solutions to complex problems
Skills and Experience
- Pursuit of Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of embedded Linux OS, RTOS, embedded software build flow, make process etc
- Hands-on experiences with hardware debugging and testing.
- Familiarity working with 16bit, 32bit microcontrollers and DSP.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, etc
- Ability to learn in fast paced environment and solve problems
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Engineering Principles
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, trust, and ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative and is proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to interpret and share content
- Demonstrate leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities, or service organizations
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.