Conventional Die Maker - 1st shift - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
Set-up and operate all conventional machines in the Machine Shop, to include but not limited to, CNC conversational control mills and lathes.
2. Repair, revise, duplicate, and fabricate any component for jig fixtures, dies, machines, gauges, and tools through verbal instruction, sketches, or drawings.
3. Work to tolerances of +/- .0005”.
4. Maintain various types of tooling such as, but not limited to, perforating, blanking, trim and progressive dies
5. Change components in dies while in the tool room, as well as in the press.
6. Independently make own set-ups for all assignments.
7. Trouble shoot dies that do not meet drawing specifications and advise management on the repair time required to make necessary changes. Relocate components that are doweled, boring locations for guide pins on die sets, dies with progression problems, and construction of new dies.
8. Reports directly to shift supervisor. Also, may be given advisory direction by other assigned and authorized individuals in the department or organization. May be required to do work of equal or lower classification.
9. Will be required to train others in the department to help increase new as well as existing individuals knowledge and ability.
10. Required to set-up, operate, and maintain heat treat equipment, such as but not limited to, heat treat ovens, hardness tester, and dew pointer.
Skills and Experience
May be required to perform various other duties in the department, such as operate material handling equipment, forklift, crane, or other non-routine tasks as assigned. Will be required to furnish own hand tools, as well as measuring tools, and all other recommended tools for now and the future.
Associates degree from an appropriate technical school preferred. Equivalent experience and other credentials will be evaluated for qualification.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. manually from floor to waist and waist to floor.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.