Manager, Quality - Fenton, MO
Location: Fenton, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Light Industrial focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding and Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With Markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Killark Division, Hubbell Inc
2112 Fenton Logistics Park Blvd.
Fenton, MO 63026 USA
This role will be responsible for managing the overall Quality Management System for the Killark facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and create MOJ’s for equipment critical to department function; consider new technology being discussed for manufacturing and decide if corresponding new inspection equipment is needed as well.
- Knowledge of ISO-9001:2015
- Cross train team members to back-fill the Quality Dept members as needed.
- Write work instructions as needed for new equipment or oversee that work instructions are created by other department members.
- Translate GD&T for vendors or other Burndy employees.
- Work closely with Fenton NPD projects, particularly Application Tooling, giving guidance up front that will prevent problems down the line.
- Collect data and provide analysis.
- Manage 6-10 employees. Responsible for hiring, firing, promotion MOJs, new position MOJ’s, annual performance appraisals. Deal with medical leaves of absence, counsel employees for personal life issues.
- Advocate for group members as needed within Killark, help demonstrate their capabilities to Littleton management to give advancement opportunities as appropriate.
- Coordinate and balance department priorities with Plant Mgmt, Application Tooling Mfg, Connectors Mfg , Tool Assy, Fenton. Incoming inspections, in-process inspections, PSIR process, trial material runs, notifications.
- Bring new measurement technology into the department.
- Oversee ongoing training of all department employees.
- Good communications and technical skills required to help take organization to the next level.
- Ensure that calibration system is being well managed.
- Participate in monthly Safety Committee meetings for Fenton.
- Perform 5S audits around the plant.
- Create work requests as needed to address department equipment issues
- Manage and respond to customer complaints. Actively participate in troubleshooting, analysis and failure reproduction of major tooling customer complaints or warranty issues.
- Work with outside vendors to maintain calibration/service contracts for equipment.
- Oversee repair of damaged measurement equipment and purchase of new, as needed, for the plant.
- Assist and promote quality improvements and cost savings, through the Kaizen improvement process.
- Investigate manufacturing and supplier issues to develop solutions, which prevent re-occurrence.
- Support all HCE Business Units, by providing technical resources and expertise in product inspections, and material inspection and testing.
- Willingness to develop technical skills in: Material and Product Inspection, Testing and Evaluation.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to travel periodically on business related trips.
- Ability to write clear work instructions and supporting QMS documents in English.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, engineering sketches, and technical documents to resolve appropriate measurement methods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- A person committed to striving for lean manufacturing processes and/or six sigma initiatives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team environment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.