Materials Intern (Summer 2023) - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1850 Richland Avenue East
Aiken, SC 29801
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Materials, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, Research & Development lab, New Product Development, continuous improvement or more.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Challenging robust projects that will provide practical experience
- Assisting with process improvement
- Managing multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide support and assistance to co-workers as appropriate
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
- Student must be 18 years of age by the start of the summer internship assignment
- Prior internship experience preferred
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related degree (e.g. Management, Sales, Business Management, etc.)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is desired, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Results-driven, accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.