Product Manager (Assemblies)(remote) - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Premise Wiring is committed to maintaining a tradition of excellence and delivering unmatched quality, innovation and reliability. Our solutions offer a fully integrated system of copper and fiber network cabling and components that are designed to exceed all applicable standards for performance and reliability.
Can be remote
Product Manager is responsible to manage, in every respect, the Optical Fiber, Copper and RF/Wireless Assemblies Product line in the Hubbell Premise Wiring Team. Help development new markets for existing products. Generate new product ideas and follow through with development that may include establishing marketing policies such as pricing, promotion, branding and supporting issues with the product line. Responsible for directing two Process Engineers dedicated to the product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, implement, and adjust the short and long-term business strategy for patch cords and cable assemblies, including but not limited to; Category rated cables, fiber patch cords and customized data center trunk cables, wireless, RF, DAS, Smart City 5G, Carrier tower.
- The ability to run a team of up to 3 process manufacturing engineers
- Drive profitable top line and market share growth through business development, new product development and geographic expansion.
- Work with and support the Data Center Sales Team to develop required products, including custom solutions for valued customers, and support through total sales cycle.
- Define portfolio roadmaps and drive ongoing portfolio management through product line gap analysis and portfolio reviews.
- Lead team to execute product development and cost efficiency plans in line with top and bottom-line goals established during annual business planning process.
- Develop and deploy marketing and sales plans/programs for major product lines and accounts to drive incremental share gains and ensure long-term profitable growth.
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions, technology trends and competitor landscape.
- Act as a subject matter expert and effectively present products and solutions at customer meetings and presentations at industry conferences and online webinars.
- Present business plans orally and in writing for general review and approval.
- Define pricing and gross profit strategies for all Copper/Fiber/RF Patch Cords and Custom Cable Assemblies.
- Assist with monthly sales forecast based on feedback from sales, marketing, and customers
- Participate in efficiency and cost improvement projects.
- Provide technical support to customers on product applications, specification, and quality.
- Maintain positive and effective employee relations all around.
- Establish a strong culture centered on respect, integrity, accountability, and teamwork.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Marketing, or Engineering
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively interact with customers
- 5-7 years of experience in Optical Fiber/Copper and/or RF
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience
- Ability to travel to domestically and internationally up to 50%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- MBA preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certifications: CDCDC preferred; DCDC or RCDD a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.