Process Engineer Datacom (Copper) - Houston, TX
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Premise Wiring is committed to maintaining a tradition of excellence and delivering unmatched quality, innovation and reliability. Our solutions offer a fully integrated system of copper and fiber network cabling and components that are designed to exceed all applicable standards for performance and reliability.
can be remote
The Process Engineer will be responsible for defining process steps for the Copper and RF/Wireless Assemblies. Developing tools, and the materials to improve existing processes and develop new processes, as well as implement cost reduction. Design and develop manufacturing processes for new products, product changes and enhancements, and related tooling and fixtures which are consistent with a zero-defect level as well as low product cost.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and help implement manufacturing plans.
- Help identify and implement production processes and cell layouts for newly developed products.
- Research and implement/Improve production methodologies.
- Participate in design/assembly method development for new products.
- Prepare work instructions, routing and bills of materials
- Create/support the quality control plans to ensure all products conform to specification.
- Process corrective actions.
- Responsible for planning, project management, installation of production and quality equipment.
- Optimize product flow, reduce variation, improve quality and implement cost reductions.
- Provide support to production operations in the areas of equipment and fixture design.
- Provide hand-on, floor level technical support.
- Help resolve line processing issues.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering-Industrial preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively interact with customers
- 5+ years of experience in Optical Fiber/Copper and/or RF preferred
- Ability to travel to domestically and internationally (Mexico) up to 50%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certifications: CDCDC preferred; DCDC or RCDD a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.