Central Region Sales Intern (Summer 2023)
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10 to 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Opportunities for Sales interns can vary from working/shadowing Territory Managers, learning about our product offerings, travel to project sites and more.
Sales Interns will typically support one or more experienced marketing teams in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and/or Sales department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Review current sales program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business (e.g. Marketing, Business, Business Administration, Sales, International Business, or technical-related degree)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.