Business Unit Controller - Manchester, NH
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Based in Manchester, NH and reporting directly to the VP of Finance for the Light Industrial SBU, the Business Unit Controller will serve as a key member of the Burndy leadership team and have responsibility for a variety of financial oversight and support activities. This position is lead finance person for the Burndy business and is the financial partner for the leadership team. The position will also manage a staff of two financial professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the activities of general accounting, cost accounting, and budgetary controls for the business unit.
- Key finance business partner to the Burndy leadership team, providing financial leadership to the business in the planning and execution of business.
- Informs management of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable trends and variances.
- Assists with audits by internal audit, external audit and other audits and reviews as necessary.
- Monitors, maintains, and enhances the system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity of financial transactions and activities.
- Ensures compliance with local, Segment, and Corporate internal controls and SOX policies.
- Evaluates and approves business capital appropriation requests (AFE’s).
- Provides mentorship and financial guidance to the local finance team.
- Produce financial reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive plant and executive level explanations of differences.
- Ability to motivate, energize, manage, mentor and develop performance of staff.
- Ability to lead organizational change with accounting staff.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Financial experience in a manufacturing environment highly desired
- Supervisory/managerial experience
- SAP experience (finance, controlling, manufacturing and supply chain) is desired
- Experienced in working in a matrix managed environment a plus
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) a plus
- Strong analytical skills, advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Experience ensuring compliance with applicable financial accounting requirements under US GAAP
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.