CNC Technical Specialist - Birmingham. AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
8100 Churchill Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
Will be responsible for converting 2-D drawings to 3-D models, designing fixtures for efficient operation, programming, setup, and production verification of programs. This role is also responsible for continuous improvement in improving run time and moving items from manual to CNC machining centers. Capital project management is another key part of the role with responsibilities from concept through production release and support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Choose the most efficient methods of manufacture, understanding the time and equipment required, and
- interacting with technicians, designers and engineers to suggest design improvements for
- Setup and operate CNC mills and lathes with a high degree of proficiency.
- Analyzes and evaluates current programs and setups for efficiency, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
- Prove-outs and make improves to current processes as well as processes that are unproven
- Collaborate with other Engineering personnel and other applicable departments to ensure the proper
- design collaboration and prototype implementation.
- Fixture design and setup, work holding design, toolpath programming for CNC milling machines, CNC
- machine operation, and other manufacturing operations.
- Provide production and maintenance support to ensure equipment reliability and utilization.
- Provide training as necessary to production and maintenance team.
- Develop and maintain encouraging, professional relationships.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years' with Inventor or SolidWorks 3-D modeling experience
- Experience with Programming, setting up, and running CNC Machines
- Proven experience Writing G-code
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.