Payroll Systems and Operations Manager
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
The Payroll Systems and Operations Manager has a deep knowledge of enterprise-wide payroll systems, business trends, and organizational needs. This role works collaboratively with IT, HR and organization leaders supporting live payroll systems. In this role, the Manager ensures efficient execution of payroll processes, system updates and enhancements, with a keen focus on compliance. The Payroll Systems and Operations Manager oversees payroll system processes and procedures, delivering and monitoring service level commitments, driving automation, standardization, and continuous improvements. Duties may include building business requirements, process development, project management, systems analysis, change control and communications. These responsibilities may span multiple businesses, countries, and across multiple functions; ensuring that the assigned deliverables are provided on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications and/or business requirements. This role supports the Director, Global Payroll in providing strategic direction; recommending and implementing best practices and business process improvements; developing training; mentoring payroll personnel; and providing informal and formal verbal and written feedback
- Provide Subject Matter Functional Expertise on Ceridian Dayforce
- Maintain and Monitor System Access and Performance, Lead Payroll System Activities: Year End, Component Set Up, Updates, Fixes, Patches; Plan, Test, Document, and Support New Functionality; keep all parties informed and act as liaison between HRIT, HR Operations and businesses to ensure solutions meet the final requirements.
- Meet with Business Leaders to understand system functionality needs; work with IT and HROps to translate business needs into enterprise-wide payroll solution approach, design and recommendation.
- Provide Payroll Expertise for cycle processing activities such FLSA, State-Specific Rules/Regulations, Garnishments, Tax, Variance testing, Reconciling.
- Conduct process excellence activities that result in automation, accuracy, improve efficiency, and ensure appropriate controls and segregation.
- Project Management: Follows disciplines: Scope, Quality, Resource, Cost, Issue, readiness, and Communications
- Work collaboratively with third party vendors, HR and/or IT for all Payroll systems enhancements, changes, fixes.
- Team Leadership: Coach and Mentor; Set Goals, Objectives and Priorities; assign and review tasks; monitor performance.
- Ensure SOX Compliance and control requirements are met, supporting internal and external auditors
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Information Systems or other related discipline preferred.
- 3+ years hands-on Ceridian Dayforce Processing and Application Support experience, including configuration, migration, interface management, reporting, auditing and processing; must understand interdependencies between HCM, Time & Attendance, and Payroll Systems.
- Time & Attendance: WFM, Kronos, eTime (build pay rules, codes, Hours Table)
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated successful management of end-to-end, large-scale (1B+) Payroll, Finance and/or HR System Implementations with a focus on analyzing, troubleshooting, data reconciliations; and managing multiple legal entity projects simultaneously; PMP a Plus
- 5+ years of direct payroll management experience (7,000+ employees)
- Demonstrated experience in Federal, multi-state/local tax, G/L, and SOX Audit/Compliance
- SAP/SuccessFactors HR (Employee Central) & SAP Finance applications (preferred).
- End-to-end Payroll M&A Experience (Due Diligence, Scoping, and Integration)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.