Sr. IT Audit Manager
Location: Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
The IT Audit Manager will lead and execute IT audits to evaluate high risk areas of the Hubbell information technology environment including planning, control design and efficiency assessments, and reporting of results. In this high visibility role, the candidate will have hand on exposure to the IT management and executive team and use their communication skills to drive control maturation and increasing efficiencies in the IT control environment. The candidate should demonstrate knowledge in the areas of assessing controls over IT infrastructure, applications, system implementations and cybersecurity processes. The candidate will report to the Director of Internal Audit and be a partner with the IT, financial and operational management personnel across the company. Internal audit offers exciting and challenging engagements, exposure to diverse operations and high-level management visibility. The opportunity is structured for candidates to take on IT roles with increasing responsibilities in the Segments or Corporate IT. Internal Audit provides resources for continual training to keep audit team members up to date on all aspects of their responsibilities.
- Identify and clearly define, audit issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented;
- Contribute to the maturation of the IT control environment and drive increasing efficiencies to help the business meet its objectives;
- Promote a zero-tolerance control environment where fraud and/or noncompliance is unacceptable and difficult to conceal; and
- Ensure adequate coordination with the Director Internal Audit and business process owners to understand the worldwide segment businesses and execute audits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops scope, objective, and procedures of IT audits while ensuring alignment with audit standards, guidelines, and best practices;
- Performs risk-based audits of information technology at Hubbell, including applications, implementations, databases, operating systems, physical security, telecommunications, disaster recovery, vendor management, cybersecurity and cloud computing;
- Evaluates the high risk areas to resolve adequacy of controls and, where appropriate compare to industry standard methodologies and control frameworks such as Committee of the Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway’s Commission (COSO), Control Objective for Information and related Technology (COBIT), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS);
- Assesses compliance with Hubbell policies, standards, and procedures;
- Collaborates with many levels of the organization, including Senior Management;
- Provides recommendations to the CIO for standardizing and rationalizing current platforms from technical and support point of views and suggestions on compliance with regulatory and procedural IT issues (e.g. SOX 404 Sarbanes Oxley Act); and
- Assists in generating annual IT audit plan. Interface with Senior Management to schedule timing of planned audits within the year.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or Accounting.
- CISA certification highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working in a large scale technical and multinational environment for a technology firm or a complex technical infrastructure provider.
- Knowledge of data extraction and analysis techniques, including SAP, One Stream and analysis tools such as ACL, PowerBi, TeamMate or Microsoft Excel is highly desirable.
- A high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent coaching, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Strong project management, interpersonal and presentation skills, including managerial courage, dealing with ambiguity.
- Global experience (exposure to foreign legal and technical environments very desirable)
- Interact well with different people and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%; some international travel may be required.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.