Finance Manager, FP&A
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Finance Manager, FP&A position will support the Director of Finance with the forecasting and planning of the P&L and balance sheet for the business. This highly visible role will partner with members of the leadership team in developing their sales, margin, and spending plans and provide value-added analytical support to make financial decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the planning process for the Progress Lighting business
- Monthly forecast
- Annual operating plan
- Strategic plan
- Manage Progress Lighting finance submissions to segment / corporate.
- Business unit go-to resource for OneStream and HFM.
- Financial support for Sales and Product Management Teams.
- Build and maintain channel and product line P&L’s.
- Lead PVM and profitability analysis for the business.
- Design and prepare reports required both internally and by corporate to track actual performance and measure against objectives.
- Effectively synthesize and communicate the ‘underlying story behind the numbers.
- Work across all levels of the organization and effectively communicate to influence change.
- Complete ad hoc financial information requests and various special projects as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, from a four-year college or university required.
- 5+ Years of finance/accounting experience, preferably within a global manufacturing company.
- Previous hands on experience with forecasting & planning.
- Previous experience obtaining and transforming data to solve complex problems.
- Basic understanding of US GAAP, transactional accounting within a manufacturing company model and with a monthly accounting close process.
- Experience with a standard cost system is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- OneStream, Hyperion, or other financial consolidation package and SAP experience desired.
- Expert working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a diverse organization.
- Highly organized with an ability to work well under tight time constraints.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and execute projects effectively in a hybrid work environment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.