Controller - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Primary accounting role with full ownership of financial reporting and the control environment for the Electrical Products strategic business unit. The Electrical Products Controller has overall responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of financial reporting for several underlying business units including the safeguarding of company assets and the efficient utilization of financial resources. A significant level of initiative is expected to achieve established objectives. This position requires a high degree of accuracy, exposure to confidential information, and extensive contact with individuals within the company as well as customers, vendors, and Hubbell segment & corporate personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary financial accounting & reporting owner for Electrical Products.
- Maintain a system of effective internal controls in line with Hubbell Policy & Procedure and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Oversee the accounting functions at our Hubbell brands with U.S. and International locations (Wiring Devices, Vega Baja, RACO, Wiegmann, AccelTex, HAL, Korea, and Hipotronics).
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against plan, forecast and historical performance.
- Partners with the Commercial team in a capacity that results in timely & accurate accounting for customer incentives, commissions and other related programs.
- Supports the operations finance function to maintain accurate inventory valuation, standard costing and related requirements.
- Partners with EP and Segment FP&A teams to provide selected planning and forecasting inputs.
- Interface frequently with Corporate, Segment and EP BU finance teams.
- Frequently visit EP sites where accounting personnel reside.
- Serves as primary liaison with One-Hubbell Finance (central shared services), Segment Controllership, internal audit, external audit, tax and treasury functions.
- Prepares financial analysis for large quotes, Capital Investments, Restructuring Projects and other strategic initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with applicable statutory reporting requirements.
- Understands and enforces Hubbell’s finance policies, US GAAP and other applicable regulatory guidelines outside of the US.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Manage the DB & DC Pension plans and Retirement Savings Plans, ensuring compliance with local and federal reporting requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (preferred).
- 10+ years of progressive experience in mid to senior level finance or accounting position(s).
- Experience in a management role at a publicly traded manufacturing company.
- CPA certification (preferred).
- Experience managing a team of 4 or more direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Direct experience reconciling financial results between US GAAP (for Corporate reporting) and foreign accounting regulations (for other statutory & tax reporting outside of the US).
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.