Welder (2nd shift)
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Welding Machines to ensure quality parts are produced and provided to the customer in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up and operate any and all Welding equipment and fixtures in a safe and efficient manner.
- Set-up and adjust welding machine to achieve a quality product.
- Perform first piece and continual inspections of parts using precision measuring instruments.
- Perform daily upkeep and routine maintenance, keeping equipment and production area in good working order.
- Follow instructions from lead person and supervisors.
- Perform minor maintenance on welding equipment and fixtures.
- Request needed supplies for welding department.
- Comply with and support all aspects of the company’s quality management program.
- Instruct lesser skilled employees in the welding area.
- When reliable dependable performance requires reliable and dependable attendance, an employer can insist all employees, including those with disabilities, meet attendance requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills normally acquired through a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have two (2) years’ experience in welding
- General knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
- General understanding of basic welding operations
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.