Consultant, Learning and Development
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This is a full-time position and based in Greenville, South Carolina.
701 Millennium Boulevard Greenville, SC 29607
This regular, full-time employee role reports to the Director, Learning and Development. Serving as a key team member, the individual will play an integral role in helping the learning and development team in the Talent, Inclusion, and Communication department deliver on the Develop Our People pillar of Hubbell's strategy. Culture matters to us! We fully support work-life balance and have created an environment with flexible and hybrid work options. We value and welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities, always encouraging people to bring their whole self to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide expertise in learning and development for assigned projects. Develop, implement, and evaluate learning solutions (instructor led course materials, job aids, elearning content, tools, resources, etc.) for various levels of the organization from front line employees to executive leadership.
- Facilitate learning sessions both face-to-face and virtually with an emphasis on creating learner engagement and transfer of knowledge/skills. Create productive learning environments through pre-work, sessions, reinforcement activities, learner communications, and manager support. Directly support and manage the new hire orientation and onboarding processes including leveraging the SuccessFactors system to deliver these activities.
- Coach Subject Matter Experts from the business in the use of eLearning authoring tools – particularly Articulate Storyline – and use of basic instructional design principles to create technical learning products that meet Hubbell University requirements.
- Partners with segment HR business partners to understand relevant business needs and ensures input is incorporated into deliverables.
- Develops solutions and materials that incorporate best practices, business needs, and are aligned to company objectives. Must be able to construct approaches to complex, multidimensional problems while focusing on realistic implementation.
- Synthesize ideas, options, and opportunities and craft communication materials that convey the costs/benefits of approaches to various levels of the organization.
- Interact with senior stakeholders in the organization to present recommendations on complicated issues and facilitate dialogue to influence decision making and drive execution.
- Create support materials on-the job development such as action learning projects, job shadowing, mentoring, career development systems, onboarding resources, and communications. Utilize appropriate SuccessFactors modules to deliver resources efficiently.
- Operate with limited supervision to produce deliverables, manage assigned processes, and achieve results for respective area within the COEs. Support other projects with the Talent, Inclusion, and Communication department, as needed.
- Serves as an individual contributor but may manage project teams from time to time.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business.
- 6-10 years of progressive experience in learning and development domain of expertise.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools; SnagIt/Camtasia/Articulate Storyline proficiency highly desirable.
- Experience as an HR Business Partner or generalist preferred.
- Spanish speaking / facilitation experience desirable.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.