Senior Analyst, Internal Controls - St. Louis, MO (Hybrid)
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This role can sit in multiple Hubbell locations.
The Senior Analyst - Internal Controls, HES will report directly to the HES Segment Assistant Controller. This role will work with the businesses to monitor, test, and enhance the control environment. This role will be an integral part of the HES Controllership group and will have high visibility across multiple business functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the SOX Testing program for the HES Segment. Includes testing, review of testing, coordinating with Corporate Director of SOX on issues/remediation.
- Work with Business Unit controllers to develop processes to remediate any issues identified during testing/review/etc.
- Become a liaison with the Corporate Internal Audit group throughout the audit process (before, during, and after audits).
- Perform continuous audits across HES to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, Hubbell’s Policies & Procedures, as well as identify and develop best practices within the business.
- Independent balance sheet account reconciliation reviews on a periodic basis.
- Standardize monitoring control procedures across the HES segment.
- Work with relevant business unit personnel to implement Hubbell’s SOX key controls and policies at new acquisitions.
- Ability to partner across multiple segments, businesses and functions to influence and accomplish objectives.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting
- CPA, CIA and/or MBA a plus
- 5+ years experience with accounting/internal controls, preferably within a global manufacturing company and/or public accounting
- Must have detailed knowledge of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act; Section 404
- Experience applying SOX controls at a publicly traded company
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP
- SAP, BlackLine and Workiva experience preferred
- Strong written, verbal communications and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Confirmed capability to lead change
- Must be willing to travel 20-40%
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.