Quality Engineer - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
Greater Columbia Area, Missouri (Centralia, MO)
This position will support to drive Continuous Improvement of the Quality Management System (QMS) and improve product/process quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead quality improvement projects that will reduce Cost of Poor Quality and risk of non-conforming product.
- Investigate manufacturing and supplier issues to develop solutions, which prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist and promote quality improvements and cost savings, through the MCTO process.
- Provide technical support and training to both salary and hourly employees to improve process knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical and quality support to all Business Unit’s Purchasing, Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and MCTO Teams.
- Support all Business Units, by providing technical resources and expertise in process and product inspections, material testing and gage calibration.
- Develop Quality Plan’s for both new and existing products to ensure consistently high levels of out-going product quality.
- Serve as a technical liaison for both Hubbell Suppliers and Customers.
- Develop, plan, and schedule Capital Expenditures (AFEs), as required, to completion.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology or equivalent technical degree deemed acceptable by the Company
- Certified Quality Engineer and/or Certified Welding Inspector a plus
- Good communications and technical skills required to help take organization to the next level.
- Proficient in using CMM, Optical Comparator, Tensile Tester, Hardness Testers, and Standard Metrology measuring instruments would be helpful
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) would be helpful
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SAP (plus) and Minitab (plus)
- Willingness to develop technical skills in: Stamping, Welding, Forging, Galvanizing and QMS.
- Working knowledge of ASTM Standards
- Ability to travel on business related trips of up to 5%
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.