Human Resources Manager - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores St
Leeds, AL 35094
The Human Resources Manager supports the HR Department and the facility management team at multiple locations with full cycle recruitment, benefits, employee relations, and payroll assistance. This position is essential in supporting the business by collaborating with the management team to reach goals and objectives of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage the HR function in a union location
- Responsible for interpreting policies, ensuring compliance with all policies, company processes, and state/federal employment law.
- The ability to effectively interface and communicate with all levels of management and employees within the facilities, as well as the HPS Platform, to communicate various HR objectives and procedures with company policy and employment law.
- Provide leadership in the development of organizational and people strategies and guide critical decision making with practical, proactive solutions.
- Coach and advise senior leaders and managers regarding strategic and complex organizational and employee issues
- Provide guidance and advice to managers for resolving employee problems while maintaining consistent and corrective discipline procedures for fairness and equitable treatment
- Administer and interpret corporate guidelines for benefits and compensation.
- Participate and present HR related material Monthly Management Meeting, and quarterly communication meetings with all employees.
- Supports department and company-wide special projects.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; MS or MBA is a plus.
- 7-10 years of HR leadership experience in a manufacturing role.
- Must be a self-directed, hands-on solid HR Generalist.
- Demonstrated success of leading the HR function in a union environment.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Must be self-motivated, and a problem solver.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize duties.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.