HR Generalist/Recruiter - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
The Recruiting Specialist supports the HR Department and the facility management team with full cycle recruitment, benefits, employee relations, and payroll assistance for multiple business units. This position is essential in supporting the business by collaborating with the management team to reach goals and objectives of the company.
Primary responsibility of this role will be for staffing and retention and to take the staffing function of the department to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement overall recruiting strategy, adjusting as necessary with an eye toward best practices.
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate sites and venues.
- Plan, market, conduct and attend hiring events as needed.
- Source and recruit candidates through various schools, programs, sites and media.
- Administer all recruiting efforts to include screening, interviewing, skills testing, extending offers, coordinating pre-employment screening, new hire paperwork, employment verification and onboarding of all new employees.
- Manage the internal employee job bid process in compliance with the current collective bargaining agreement.
- Conduct HR presentations such as new employee orientations and other training classes.
- Subject matter expert for group insurance programs and employee enrollment.
- Track and maintain accurate position and headcount data at all times.
- Complete weekly reporting of staffing, turnover/retention.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and national employment laws as well as internal policy and procedure.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience recruiting for manufacturing/industrial positions.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities effectively.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to solve problems independently and effectively and comfortable dealing with complex issues, conflict resolution and ambiguity.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Prior experience maintaining data and operating an HR Information and Applicant Tracking System.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
210 N Allen St,
Centralia, MO 65240
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.