Shipping & Receiving Coordinator - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
6190 118th Ave N
Largo, FL 33773
In performing day-to-day routine tasks, prepares finished products for shipment or storage following established shipping guidelines. Using a basic knowledge of proper inventory procedures, performs a combination of clerical tasks to support inventory control area. Performs work according to company and department guidelines. May assist in performing other work duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives product from Inventory and Quality Control and packages for shipment.
- Verifies shipper information against units received, along with a visual inspection of the units.
- Package units using preset procedures and standards from Sealed Air and Beckwith Electric.
- Fills out required paperwork for carrier and method of shipment.
- Enters data into manifest system, prints required reports, and all other related duties.
- Perform routine maintenance on Sealed Air system.
- Monitors stock levels of shipping supplies, and re-orders when needed.
- Comply with all work rules, including but not limited to the Company's safety and attendance policies.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Performs additional pick-up and delivery duties as needed.
- Modify select piece parts per drawing as needed.
- Assist inventory control as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- While performing the duties of this assignment, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The individual frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The individual is occasionally required to sit. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this assignment include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Skills and Experience
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: No formal education is required. A minimum of two (2) years of prior experience in a similar position required.
- EQUIPMENT/TOOLS: Computer terminal for data entry, calculator, electronic scale, flat cart or hand truck to transport product to shelving or shipping, electronic reel counter, ladder with hand rails. Instapak 901/970 foaming system, various tools for maintenance including hammer, drill press, screwdriver, plunger, wrench, paint brushes/rollers, small power tools, etc.
- ASSIGNMENT SKILLS:
- Able to compare what shipping documents to products to ensure correct shipments.
- Familiar with manifest systems.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of electronic & mechanical components.
- Basic understanding of inventory control helpful.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.