Production Supervisor 2nd Shift - Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
9140 Lurline Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
We are seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor for the Chatsworth, CA facility to be part of a growing, dynamic, and diverse team during a time of transition.
As part of a recent acquisition, the Chatsworth facility is experiencing exciting change. The person selected for this role will have the ability to make recommendations and improvements that will directly impact the site’s processes and procedures. The Production Supervisor will lead the assigned group's manufacturing activities by providing direction and coaching. The Supervisor will ensure team members receive the required training and prepare daily work plans to support overall production goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and enforce Company safety guidelines in partnership with EHS to ensure employees work in a safe manner consistent with Hubbell policies and procedures.
- Schedule work assignments, vacations, and ensure accurate time reporting for Hourly Employees.
- Ensure proper use of tools, equipment, and materials used within the production department, while maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Resolve team conflict and issue documented disciplinary actions in partnership with Human Resources.
- Identify and/or resolve problems related to production processes and/or flow.
- Assess and maintain necessary raw material inventory levels to meet productivity and output targets.
- Take an active role in evaluating team needs, engaging staff, and driving attendance and employee retention.
- Create and promote a positive and inclusive culture built on respect and professionalism.
- Ability to work 3:45pm – 12:15am Monday-Friday and may be asked to work an occasional Saturday. Supervisors are expected to occasionally arrive at 3:15pm to interface with their 1st shift counterpart.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years Supervisory experience.
- Strong results and quality orientation.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a group environment, meet deadlines, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, SAP knowledge preferred.
- Salary range for this position is $70k-$85k and will align with skills and experience.
- High School Diploma required
- Degree in Business preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).