Machine Operator - Freeburg, IL
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, IL 62243
Will be floating in all positions of welding, grinding, spot welding, and vibrating.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spot welder cut or join together metal pieces using manual or semi-automatic welding machine
- They also operate grinders and scrapers to prepare metal surfaces for welding operations.
- Inspect machinery and workpieces to ensure that they remain compliant with specifications to reduce any malfunctions and associated loss of production.
- Operate machinery, including polishing and grinding equipment, to grind any metal workpieces to their prescribed specifications to ensure high-quality products.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints and routings and produce parts from the information obtained from them to the required tolerances.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts produced.
- Follow all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts being produced and perform first piece inspections and subsequent inspections to ensure overall quality.
- Take care of routine maintenance and keep the work area clean and neat.
- Maintain simple reports on productivity, quality and safety.
Skills and Experience
- Poses and able to use inspections equipment to ensure the quality of the parts being produced. Must be equipped with all required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Physically able to do the work requiring frequent standing, bending and lifting up to 20 lbs. frequently and 40 – 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Welders ensure compliance with safety protocols by wearing protective gloves, masks, and boots.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machine and inspect parts.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.