Senior Territory Sales Manager - Indianapolis, IN
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Location flexible within territory
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for the sales and promotion of Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems products through Distribution to end-users and specifying influencers and for attaining assigned sales quotas within a territory. Territory includes Central/Northern Indiana
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage an assigned territory to ensure effective, efficient, and economical use of available time and company assets to achieve sales objectives.
- Conduct sales calls on distributors and all potential users/consumers of Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems products.
- Train distributor personnel to sell and promote Hubbell products.
- Manage distributor inventory/investments to ensure maintenance of proper inventories to service the trading area and maximize return on investment.
- Maintain accurate account records (TMS/Electronic TMS).
- Conduct sales training, internal and external, within the district and region as directed by field management.
- Conduct formal sales presentations to various groups, distributor and end-user. Communicate to end-users in a variety of ways including email, phone, person to person or group meetings, trade shows, and business oriented social functions.
- Communicate through District Manager on any issues, problems, opportunities, and successes.
- Service distributors and end-users while creating a demand for the company's product offering.
- Build rapport and strong relationships with distribution, end-users, and specifying influences.
- Communicate through District Manager on new products, product modifications, and sales tools.
- Cover open territories with assignment made by District Manager.
- Serve as a customer information center for literature requests, catalog requests, technical details, drawings, and cross-reference information.
- Act as a liaison between customer and corporate for successful resolution on any inoperable product.
- Generate renewal paperwork for pricing and approval.
- Handle claim discrepancies between corporate and distributor.
- Qualify sales leads and routes for action.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree and 3+ years experience or 7+ years equivalent work experience.
- Contractor, Industrial OEM & MRO sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent presentation/communication skills.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce.
- Valid drivers license and excellent driving record.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.