Material Handler (Night Shift) - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
*This climate is not controlled*
Responsible for performing physical tasks to maintain an efficient product flow, utilizing lean management principles, quality initiatives, safety protocols that involve assembling, loading, storing, locating, documenting and distributing product within areas.
Hours: 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM or 10:30 PM - 7:00 AM
Monday - Friday
Some weekend work required
Pay $17.23/hr plus $1.72 shift premium per hour
$1,000.00 retention bonus paid at 100 days of employment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport goods and supplies using forklift, and other
- Pick and pack products to load and/or distribute into warehouse stock via forklift or pallet jack
- Inspect trailers and contents to ensure they are safe to load/unload and all guidelines are followed
- Ability to read production work orders/blue prints and assemble product as assigned
- Documenting and maintaining inventory and ensuring production area organization and cleanliness.
- Assist production and shipping with moving and relocating product
- Complete daily forklift inspection.
- Conduct inventory of bulk materials and pallets
- Dump trash and pallets into proper roll off dumpster container.
- Make sure scrap wood, cardboard must be separated and placed into proper roll off dumpster.
- Recognize and report any equipment problems or defects to Supervisor and maintenance.
- Recognize and report any safety problems, hazards, accidents, or incidents to management and safety committee.
Skills and Experience
- Must demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills along with written and oral communication.
- Computer skills in windows-based programs including Excel and Word is preferred.
- Proven experience as a forklift operator
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Forklift Certification required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.