Manufacturing Engineer- Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
9140 Lurline Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Hubbell Power Systems in Chatsworth, CA is searching for a hands-on manufacturing engineer to help create and improve processes in our manufacturing facility. The individual selected for this role will engage with shop floor employees to create process improvements and provide training. Compensation for this position is $80k-$100k base salary and is aligned with skills/experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve reoccurring manufacturing line issues
- Assist in the development cost saving measures through the improvement process (Kaizen)
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods by applying sound engineering principles in fixture design, problem solving, and material selection
- Supply cost estimates to marketing for existing product lines
- Work closely with product engineering in product changes/new product introductions
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees through engagement and buy-in
- Look at ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting to help create an efficient and safe work environment
- Evaluate, develop, propose, and implement projects to ensure the facility is meeting the current and future organization and manufacturing needs
- Implement activities to design new processes, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field
- 5-10 years of Manufacturing Experience in a dynamic “hands-on” environment
- Good communication skills
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Need to be able to exercise good judgment and decision making skills including finding solutions to complex technical problems
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).