Multicraft Maintenance Technician-Shift B - Wadsworth, OH
Location: Wadsworth, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
8711 Wadsworth Road
Wadsworth, OH 44281
Starting Rate $30-$40 per hour (1.25 shift differential)
B-shift- Monday-Thursday 3pm-1am
- Paid sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- Overtime as required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and maintain manufacturing/production machinery.
- Troubleshoot and repair of electrical controls, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Perform repairs using electrical and mechanical blueprints.
- Perform pipe and conduit runs, wire pulling, and equipment.
- Stock room parts management, inventory and parts ordering
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Good people skills
- Demonstrated electrical ability
Preferred but not required
- Associates degree in Maintenance Technology or Electronic Technology
- PLC Programming Skills – Allen Bradley series, Compactlogix, Controllogix PLC5, SLC 500, Micrologix, GE FANUC 90-3
- Experience coding in RS LOGIX 5, 500, 5000, or other modern programming language
- HMI Screens – Allen Bradley; Panelbuilder 32, Automation direct; C-more.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs., ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to work in a hot humid environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.