Human Resources Operations Specialist - Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
701 Millenium Boulevard
Greenville, SC 29607
As part of the Human Resources Operations Services Team, the Human Resources Operations Specialist will support HR, business and functional leaders and employees across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico primarily, while also supporting global colleagues. The position is responsible for efficiently and accurately handling a variety of HR transactions and providing excellent customer service support to the organization. This role will interacts with other functional areas to support work and integrations such as: Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Recruitment, Learning & Development, Compliance and related HR functions. The position reports into the VP, Global HR Operations & Employee Engagement and is located in Greenville, SC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for efficiently and accurately entering HR transactions into Successfactors (Hubbell’s HCM system) and other HR systems asrequired
- Maintain and validate employee data transactions and supporting documentation for US, Canada and Puerto Rico
- Generate and amend appropriate employment documentation to maintain compliance for state, federal and local requirements
- Process and support various employment related transactions such as onboarding of new hires, government reporting, separations, unemployment claims, employment verifications, and other employee life-cycle tasks/documentation as well as support of acquisitions
- Become familiar with the functionality of the various HR systems and modules necessary to assist the Service Center in maintaining up to date, accurate records on all employees
- Work as a key Team Member within HR Operational Services to identify areas for improvement, document and communicate suggestions to the Team, and implement approved improvements
- Work with all teammates across HR (HR Business Partners, Centers of Excellence and HR Operational Services) to create and manage effective relationships and build relationships company-wide to create a positive and efficient workplace
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of employee data and transactions
- Handles service tickets, emails and other inquiries in accordance with service model/agreement
- Responds to general inquiries concerning transition activities in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Provide assistance with HR Operational Services team projects including but not limited to acquisitions, divestitures, cross functional projects etc,
- Timely resolution of escalations through the service process / strong employee communication skills.
Skills and Experience
- A college degree in Business, HR or a related field preferred
- Previous HRIS systems support experience (SuccessFactors strongly preferred)
- Exceptional reporting and alpha/numeric data entry accuracy is preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a HR or Customer Service environment
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in Word and have advanced Excel skills including Vlookups and Pivot Tables
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proven organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional time management; proactive, with a strong sense of urgency
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Customer service/ customer facing skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast paced, team environment
The above summary of position responsibilities and requirements is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of duties, skills, efforts, physical requirements, or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal position elements essential for making decisions related to position performance, employee development, and compensation.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.