Senior Application Engineer - Archdale, NC
Location: Archdale, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
The Senior Application Engineer for Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and controls is responsible for promoting & applying VFD products, controls, & systems within several Heavy industrial product sectors, including products designed to support metals production, power utilities, oil & gas industries, etc. As an Applications Engineer, act as VFD product expert to both internal and external customers. As a Product Manager, ensure the growth and expansion for the VFD product line. Responsibilities include ensuring accurate & proper equipment is specified, quoted, installed, commissioned and supported in the best interests of the customer and Hubbell. This requires clear communication, oral & written, of product and project opportunities; and requires timely coordination with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Sales personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accurate quotes to customers based on specifications and drawings
- Shepherd orders through the factory, via collaboration with Engineering and factory personnel
- Provide VFD technical & commercial support and training to internal & external customers
- Assess potential application of products and offer solutions that meet customer needs
- Suggest improvements to existing products.
- Represent the products to customers via oral and written communication, both virtually and in person
- Develop & present product demonstrations
- Provide occasional field commissioning and service work
- Able to work on overhead crane catwalks greater than 20 feet above ground level
- Periodic overnight travel (approximately 15-20%) to customer locations, sometimes on short notice, sometimes internationally, and may include weekends and/or holidays.
- Able to be on call nights and weekends for customer phone support.
Skills and Experience
- Able to read/interpret schematics and mechanical drawings
- Five years of experience applying, troubleshooting, or repairing control systems & motor control circuits.
- Experience with VFD control systems, and / or DC and AC motor controls.
- Proficient knowledge of VFD control systems.
- Ability to prioritize incoming work from several sources and follow through to results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Office Suite, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
Hubbell Industrial Controls
4301 Cheyenne Drive
Archdale, NC 27263
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.