Embedded Software Engineer (NPX)
Location: Avon, Connecticut, Greenville, South Carolina, Solon, Ohio, Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell engineering is finding new ways to energize, enlighten, and empower our world! With expertise in IoT, cybersecurity, cloud computing, embedded development, wireless communications, and more, we accelerate and enhance Hubbell products and bring innovation into the marketplace. Our work is collaborative, as we partner with all of Hubbell’s global divisions to create the next generation of technical solutions in fields like smart grid, green power, lighting control, electrical safety, communications, and more.
Join our innovative and cutting-edge engineering team to solve challenging problems and help make change in electrical products and utility. If you are committed to environmentally friendly projects, security, safety, and advancing new approaches in technology, then Hubbell engineering is the place where you can utilize your talents as a creative engineer and grow your technical skills and assets. Come join us and build an exciting career that makes a difference!
St Louis, MO
Hubbell Site Flexible
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will join our team of motivated and enthusiastic developers to deliver secure robust embedded systems for both critical infrastructure and industrial system applications. You will analyze requirements and technical specifications from both system engineers and architects to transform them into distinguished products for system applications. The team is currently focused on designing, implementing, and testing, complex large scale smart grid solutions. Do you have a vision for success and an insatiable hunger for solving complex technical problems? Are you efficient, timely, intellectually curious, thoughtful, inquisitive, team-oriented, mission-driven, and committed? Then we want you to join our team!
What We Like to See
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering (with embedded software development emphasis)
- 0 - 3+ years of practical relevant embedded development experience on large and/or complex systems development, including hardware and firmware
- Demonstrates, embodies and models professional maturity by respecting others’ diversified cultural backgrounds and unique set of experiences in the workplace
- Good comprehension of electrical engineering fundamentals and schematic interpretation
- Practical expertise with hardware bring-up using tools such as debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Realtime, Multithreaded RTOS Computing
- Strong proficiency in C
Ways to Distinguish Yourself
- Demonstrable and practical experience in the following
- Embedded Linux development: Yocto, U-Boot, Drivers, Application o Realtime, Multithreaded RTOS Computing
- Developing IoT applications
- IPv4 / IPv6 Networking
- IoT Cybersecurity
- CI/CD, SCM tools (GIT, ADO, etc.)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.