Operations Intern (Summer 2023) - Hamilton, OH
Job Type: Not Specified
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Connector Manufacturing Co.
3501 Symmes Rd.
Hamilton, OH 45015
The Operations Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including supporting the organization in the development and implementation of lean initiatives, 5S principles, and continuous improvement.
Operations Interns will typically support one or more experienced Operations teams in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Operations department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee for this position will help support any capital projects that are ongoing at the time.
- Responsible for conducting cycle time studies to make sure the standards are correct.
- The employee will learn how to use Auto/CAD while creating prints for projects.
- Learn how to conduct cycle time studies and apply lean principles to come up with solutions for reducing cycle times.
- Work on CPI- Projects, Write Machine AFE, Help develop solutions for current and newly developed projects.
- Gain knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location.
- Review current program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to professionally summarize information in verbal and written communication
- Ability to meet deadlines on-time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be working towards a degree
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.