Human Resource Intern (Summer 2023) - Lincoln. NH
Location: Lincoln, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
34 Bern Dibner Road
Lincoln, New Hampshire 03251
The Human Resources (HR) Intern position offers a variety of opportunities, including, exposure to various HR responsibilities that will provide an excellent foundation as a professional. Opportunities can vary from supporting teams in Compensation & Benefits, Recruiting, Organizational Development or Corporate HR offices across the United States. HR interns can be expected to streamline processes, learn how to pursue change across different populations, prepare data/presentations for various audiences, and be able to gain professional skills and experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
* Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
* Experience in planning and organizational skills
* Challenging robust projects that will provide practical experience
* Assisting with process improvement
* Managing multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to provide support and assistance to co-workers as appropriate
The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience:
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Human Resources or related degree (e.g. Management, Sales, Business Management, etc.)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is desired, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Results-driven, accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.