Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - Freeburg, IL
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, IL 62243
Will work under the direction of the Continuous Improvement Engineer to perform time studies, update routing times in SAP, and understand how they affect price. It is a great opportunity to learn how applying lean methodologies to a process can have big effects on the company’s bottom line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform time studies on production processes and compare these to the existing routing times. Updated routing times in SAP as needed based on time studies.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret detailed unit operations data to troubleshoot and optimize operating issues.
- Work with C.I. and assist in improvement projects
- Participate in at least one Kaizen event
- Assist the Operations Team with incident investigations and trouble shooting in a teamwork environment.
- Recognize and report and/or suggest recommendations regarding safety, health, and environmental issues that impact operations and personnel
- Provide suggestions on production improvements based on observations on production floor.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering department to understand/learn CNC machine programming.
Skills and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.